|For Kansas Authors Club Members only
Deadline: June 15, 2017
"It Looks Like a Million" Book Award focuses on the aesthetics of a book published by a Kansas Author Club member. The book will be judged on cover design, interior formatting and design, and over-all look and feel of the book.
Book contest submission form is available. Download here.
A PDF viewer is available for free download online from Adobe.
Please submit a copy of the form with your entry.
Rules for Submission:
2017 Rules for Competition are downloadable as a PDF file and are printed below:
- The contest is open to Kansas Authors Club members only. Current membership in KAC is required to enter this contest.
- The book must be a minimum of 50 pages in length. Books printed in bulk or by print-ondemand services are eligible for this contest.
- This contest is for books by independent (self-published or indie press) authors. For example, the author of the book (a KAC member) must be the primary decision maker for the production, including design and layout of the book. Authors may have hired designers, layout, editors, etc.
- The entry must have been published, issued in print, and available for public distribution within the two years prior to June 1, 2017.
- No entry fee is required. At this time, there is no monetary gift for this award.
- One copy of the winning book will be donated to the KAC shelves at the Spencer Research Library at KU in Lawrence.
- The winner will be notified by September 1, in order to allow time for banquet reservations. The award will be presented to the winner at the 2017 Annual Convention and Writers Conference in Coffeyville, at the evening banquet on Saturday, October 14, 2017. If the winner is unable to attend, the award will be mailed.
- Mail one copy of your book no later than June 15, along with your completed entry form (available on-line at the KAC Web site or from the contest manager).
- Non-winners' books will be returned at the convention. Please provide return postage if you will not be attending the convention.
- Mail one copy of your book and your completed entry form by June 15, 2017 to:
"It Looks Like a Million" Book Award Competition
214 Lawrence Ave.
Lawrence, KS 66049
send email to Ronda